Friday, February 20, 2009

When you are grateful...

I think it's always useful to be reminded that we have so much to be grateful for each and every day. As someone said to me a little while ago - when you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.


THANK YOU

Thank you for the breath that moves my body
and for the limbs that carry my spirit.

Thank you for the heart that beats in my chest
and for the mind that creates it.

Thank you for the fingers curling my hand
and for the toes dancing on my feet.

Thank you for the conscious energy surging through every cell,
connecting me to the ever-present ocean of eternity.

Thank you for the touch of my skin
and the comforting caress of warm water.

Thank you for the stillness of early morning
and the invigorating slap of cold air.

Thank you for the new spring life filling my eyes
and the symphony of bird song filling my ears.

Thank you for this land we belong to,
for the plants that talk to us
and for our sisters, the trees.

Thank you for warm smiles of family
and helping hands of strangers, friends in disguise.

Thank you for the laughter vibrating through my body
and for the words expressing from my mouth.

Thank you for the excitement of inquiry
and the fascination of discovery.

Thank you for bright patterns of T-shirt and trousers
and soft cuddles of dressing gown sleeves.

Thank you for the sweet melon melting my tongue
and the rich wine warming my throat.

Thank you for the dying sun
and for the colours that pulse
in unison with my soul.

Thank you for imagination's unfettered flights
soaring through infinite wonder and joy
and for inspiration, the whispered language of a loving soul.

Thank you for this magical, wonderful,
joyfully abundant, never-ending now.

Copyright © Helena Harper

What things fill you with gratitude? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment