Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Encapsulates characters and events breathtakingly

Latest review of my ebook Family and More - Enemies or Friends? (due to come out soon as a paperback).

Family and More by Helena Harper is a tribute, a family portrait, a synopsis of life.

"Family and More, a book of poetry by Helena Harper, is like a poetic synopsis of a wartime saga, the life of a family with a backdrop of history, a memoir told in poetic blurbs. The author encapsulates characters and events breathtakingly. There is so much here to think about once one turns the last page. I was left wanting more! More! Though I love poetry, I'm looking forward to the literary (poetic!) novel (or novels!) where Harper could explore the nuances of each and every memory, hook them together, let us see the relationships, the interaction, the settings, one poignant scene at a time."

Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Multi-award winning writer and poet
http://www.howtodoitfrugally.com/

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Helena , I know it will be a huge success. I was approached to put together some more of my poems for a future book........still thinking about it
    Once again good luck with the sales.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, I would go for it! Who knows what tomorrow will bring and, if you don't do it now, you may have regrets further down the road - strike whilst the iron is hot!

    All the best
    Helena

    ReplyDelete